[UPDATE] Redmi 8 and Redmi 8A now also receiving the MIUI 11 stable global update.
Today, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 and Redmi 5 which are almost two years old got a new stable update (MIUI V11 0.2.0 stable version). Although this update is MIUI 11, it is still based on the Android 9 Pie system. Amongst other features, this smartphone will now support face unlock application, photo-text watermark editing, Xiaoai voice wake-up feature, gaming features such as a phone docking window, etc.
The specific update log is as follows:
- App Lock: Adds support for unlocking apps via face
- Clock: Fix the problem that the timer page button clicks blink; fix the problem that the clock flashes on a special date.
- Calculator: Fix the problem that the calculator crashes when the little Xiaoai does not turn on
- Album: Add photo text watermark editing, added a variety of art watermark styles
- Weather: Adds cloudy and hazy animations; optimized 15-day trend interface adaptation; optimized large font and screen density related issues
- Settings: optimize the settings page for the system application
- Xiaoai: Adds voice wake-up feature
- Game Acceleration: Adds the phone floating window function which allows the phone to display the gaming state using the floating window
This update is currently rolling out to Redmi 5 and Redmi Note 5 units in China. However, it shouldn’t take long for the global counterparts of this device to get the update. As usual, all units will not receive the OTA update at the same time, thus you may want to check settings > system update for available updates.
MIUI 11 stable update for Redmi 8 and Redmi 8A
A few days after the announcement MIUI 11 stable update for Redmi Note 5 and Redmi 5 in China, the more recent Redmi 8 and Redmi 8A are now receiving this update globally. While some units in India already have this update, others may have to wait a few days. This update comes with version number 188.8.131.52.PCPINXM and weighs about 600MB.
Just like the update for Redmi Note 5 and Redmi 5, this latest system runs on top of Android 9 Pie. However, it comes with the October security patch. Now, the Redmi 8 series can boast of a system-wide dark mode, new natural sounds, alarm ringtones, and a new quick replies feature.
Contents are their respective owners. This content is auto managed. To remove article send the link along with REMOVE subject line and send it to alayaran [AT] gmail [DOT] com.